As the unprecedented impact of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) progresses globally, we want to keep you informed of how the company is responding to this ongoing situation. Webbs International Removals Ltd, SL, will continue providing the best service for our customers by doing our utmost to keep everyone healthy and safe in the workplace and working to minimizing any disruptions to our day-to-day operations.
Unfortunately, the Mallorca Depot is under a fifteen-day lock down imposed by the Spanish Government, although “Freight” is still allowed to cross the Borders, Ports. Our Offices, Depot is not allowed to be open to the public.
Our Workforce must wear a Face Mask as well as Hygienic Gloves, stand at least two metres apart, clearly this is not ideal, there is only one person allowed in a vehicle, each crew member must carry a certificate issued by our Company giving permission to travel and to what address.
So Yes we are working!
We are expecting further restrictions in the coming days.
At the time of writing our UK, Kent Depot is operating normally, again, we are expecting restrictions to be imposed, something similar to Spain.
Precautionary measures are being taken to protect our employees as best as possible, therefore reducing the risk to our customers.
Preventative steps include:
- We are ensuring the practice of good personal hygiene and workplace cleaning habits;
- Hand sanitizer is provided in our offices and in all the vehicles;
- Temporary ban on visitors and non-essential personnel having access to offices and warehouse;
- Restricting workplace entry for anyone with influenza symptoms;
- Managing any of our team members if they become ill at work;
- Managing and monitoring our team members who travel overseas. Avoiding any unnecessary travel and cancelling or postponing non-essential meetings;
Although this is not our favourite method of communication, we are offering digital solutions to our customers, such as virtual consultations for moving services. This allows us to provide a basic level of service whilst minimizing the possible spread of the virus.
As the matter continues to develop, we intend to keep you informed of all amendments to our working procedures, providing some transparency in this uncertain period.
We thank all of our customers for their patience during this trying time and wish everyone good health.
You can read more about the Cornavirus on the BBC website.
Any query, my direct number as always, 0034 619 247 823 Bill Webb